Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Vicious Cycle

Catch 22 - whatever you want to call it. 

It looks a lot like Shock, Grief, Acceptance, Embracing, and Rejoycing.  It is perpetual.  Continual.  Onion layer -ish.  "Haven't I been here before?"  Vague recollections of these feelings but something I can't quite put my finger on. 

I hadn't expected that. 

Mostly - I figured it would be a 'one time visit' of each stage.  Where I got THAT idea, I'll never know.  Whatever.  It isn't.  It won't be.  Maybe there's some hope in knowing that. 

Geez - just the other day I was feeling okay about all things after surviving The Buddy Walk. 

October is Down Syndrome Awareness month.  Facts and posts everywhere.  Blue and Yellow everywhere (the colors of Down Syndrome awareness.  REALLY, God???  BLUE?????  The irony is super thick.  Along with the fact that Charlotte's birthday is in October, but I digress.) 

THIS blogpost was fabulous for me to read today.  Freeing really. 

Apparently it's Breast Cancer Awareness month as well.  HERE is a fabulous post about that. 

All this 'awareness'....yeesh.  I'm just not sure how I feel about all of it. 

1 comment:

  1. That DS post was awesome and the general thought could be easily applied to so many parts of life. Love it.

    ReplyDelete